ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING
Next cohort starts in May, 2017 Click here to apply
- English: Able to understand, speak and write clearly in business English.
- Education: Able to read basic business documents with comprehension and write and speak about business clearly. Able to gather information and do basic mathematics computations. Completed enough schooling to be comfortable in a learning environment.
- Entrepreneurial Initiative: Student must possess the entrepreneurial drive required to start and grow a business. Student must document entrepreneurial accomplishments commensurate with age and experience. For example, someone just graduating from university, with no full-time work experience, should provide examples of small, part-time business projects outside of school and entrepreneurial accomplishments in school. Those out of school several years should have more substantial business accomplishments that demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial initiative.
- Age: No age requirement as long as you meet all admission criteria.
- Finances: The training program costs 300,000 RWF. If you don’t have a robust entrepreneurial experience, raise this money to demonstrate that you can solve problems and think creatively. If you do have robust entrepreneurial experience, this training will amplify what you know and develop even greater skills.
- Motivation: Must have a strong interest in actually starting and running a business. Becoming rich should not be your primary motivation. Rather, it should include a sense of responsibility to fully utilize your skills and talents to contribute to the betterment of family, employees, and community.
- Character: High moral values and integrity attested to by references.
- Teachability: Hungry to learn, admitting that you don’t know everything.
- Commitment: Able and willing to devote 20-30 hours/week to the program for 4 months.
- Potential: In the judgment of the program director, you have the potential to start and grow a successful business in Rwanda.